If a picture is worth a thousand words, what are your listing photos saying about your home? What do you want your photos to say?
When marketing your home to rent or sell, you want your pictures to speak volumes of the right things. You want them to quickly grab the attention of a potential buyer or renter.
Why do photos matter so much?
- First impressions matter. For many buyers, their first impression of your home is through an MLS listing where they can view photos of your home, inside and out.
- They show you care. If buyers see that you care about your home, they will care, too.
- Savvy homebuyers are online. They tend to pass right over your listing if there are no photos and will likely be turned off by poor-quality photos.
- Gives a glimpse of being inside the home. Potential buyers want to know if a home is a good fit for them before they take up anyone’s time with showings.
- You can reach more people. Not only will your agent post them on their website, but you can share them on your social media and let your friends share them with their friends.
- Repeat views. Often, after people have toured your home, they go home and look at it again online. Those photos are valuable in reminding them what a great home you have.
When you take pride in your home and show it through high-quality listing photos, you will increase your chances of attracting the right buyer.