Most communities have a Chamber of Commerce and Fountain Hills is no exception. The Fountain Hills Chamber of Commerce is a nonprofit organization that provides educational support, networking and marketing opportunities to local business owners. Their website received 31,100 visits in December 2019, creating valuable exposure for their Business Directory that helps clients find the right business to meet their needs. This shows that people rely on their services for information and referrals to trustworthy businesses.
In addition to networking and marketing, the Chamber also pays attention to local, regional, state and national legislation that directly impacts Fountain Hills business owners. They act as a business partner to provide valuable resources to help keep small businesses alive.
Because the Chamber bolsters our local businesses, those businesses, in turn, bolster our local economy, bringing valuable tax dollars to our community.
Research has found that businesses that are members of the Chamber of Commerce are viewed as more credible than those who are not.
According to the Shapiro Group, when respondents know that a small business is a member of its local Chamber, the business enjoys:
- 49% increase in its consumer favorability rating
- 73% increase in consumer awareness
- 68% increase in its local reputation
- 80% increase in the likelihood that consumers will patronize the business in the future
- Source: http://burkecountychamber.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/Schapiro-Group-ACCE-Report.pdf
The Fountain Hills Chamber of Commerce receives revenue from two major sources: membership dues, which are the lowest in the region, and by hosting the Fountain Festival of Fine Arts every February and November (its largest income source).
They also give back to the community in tangible ways that every resident can experience. They are responsible for hosting the following community events that are free of charge for everyone:
- Community Expo: Residents can get acquainted with local businesses, meet the business owners in person, and find special deals.
- Oktoberfest: Fountain Events Inc. hosted this authentic German event for over a decade. This year, the Chamber will be taking on the role of the event organizer.
- Thanksgiving Day Parade: This favorite holiday tradition is one of the few Thanksgiving Day parades west of the Mississippi River.
- Stroll in the Glow: The Town’s holiday lights on the Avenue of the Fountains are officially illuminated on the first Saturday of December in this collaborated event with the Town of Fountain Hills. Businesses along the Avenue stay open late for the festive event. Guests love the horse-drawn wagon rides, the Sonoran Real Estate Elves’ Village, and the Chamber’s newest activity, Chill in the Hills ice skating. The Chamber also brings in the Community Band, a live nativity scene, the arrival of Santa via fire truck, and professional photos of kids with Santa.
- Fountain Hills Young Community: This group brings together young people and the young at heart for social connections, planned activities, and excursions, and volunteering to give back to the community.
- Candidate Forums & Mayoral Debates: During election years, the Chamber partners with “I Love Fountain Hills” (Fountain Hills Cultural & Civic Association) to offer Candidate Forums for those running for Town Council and Mayoral Debates.
This year, the Fountain Hills Chamber of Commerce is celebrating its 45th anniversary.