You don’t need designer furniture to create a luxurious bedroom. With some creativity and strategic thinking, you can pull together a room that feels deceptively high-end. It’s the thoughtful details that make a room luxurious.
- Save white walls for a minimalist look. Make your room feel extravagant with a rich paint color or give it a designer look with wallpaper.
- Choose a statement headboard. Your headboard is a focus feature, so choose something with a bold color, a unique shape, dramatic height, or elegant fabric.
- Select glamorous lighting. Look for statement pieces for your ceiling fixtures, side table lamps, and pendants. Lights that are large or have an unusual shape will increase the luxe factor.
- Add stylish seating. This styling trick is often seen in boutique hotels. It gives an opportunity to add a notable design element that is affordable.
- Choose a nightstand with bling. Go beyond the boring and utilitarian by finding something with personality. Deal with clutter so it doesn’t take away from these statement pieces.
- Pillows, pillows, pillows. Nothing makes the bed more sumptuous than lots of fluffy pillows. The designer’s rule of thumb is that pillows should not take up more than a quarter of the bed length.
- Add a plush throw blanket. This is the final touch that makes your luxury room feel cozy.
Adding luxury to a room doesn’t have to be expensive, it’s all about finding the right pieces to achieve your goals.