The Scottsdale “All Arabian Horse Show” is one of the top equine events in the country, sporting most of the top Arabian horses. This year’s event runs from February 15th-25th, 2018. It doesn’t get any better than this! Here are 10 reasons this should be on your must-do list this week:
- Visit Beautiful Westworld of Scottsdale. The horses, riding arenas, and barns makes you feel like you stepped into an old western movie. This unique and beautiful venue is located at 16601 North Pima Road, Scottsdale, AZ 85260.
- Watch Horses Compete in the International Halter Classic.
You’ll be able to watch horses compete in several categories including: Classic Straight Egyptian Heritage, Arabian Breeders Club, Signature Stallion Championship Classic, and Signature Stallion Auction Championship.
- The shopping expo caters over 300 booths that include trade booths, international food courts, and demonstration areas. There are unique assortments of jewelry, art, clothing and horse show apparel.
- Take a Behind the Scenes Barn Tour.The tour lasts about an hour and provides an opportunity to learn about the show’s history, what’s required to compete, and meet some of the competitors and their owners.
- Meet an Arabian Horse. Children will have the chance to sit on an Arabian horse dressed in their native costumes and have photographs taken.
- Liberty Championship Class: If you haven’t seen this amazing display of equine beauty, it’s a must! A class set to music, the most beautiful horses in the world strut their stuff in an unstructured, faced paced format around the arena that will take your breath away. Don’t miss the Championship Class on Saturday evening!
- Versatility Plus! Arabian horses are talented athletes with an amazing history dating back many centuries in the desert. These days, they are still as athletic, competing is jumping, cattle sports, dressage and driving. Pick a class…you can’t help be impressed!
- Take a Pony Ride. Take your family on a visit to Freckle Farm, and enjoy a beautiful pony ride.
- Visit the Petting Zoo. Stop by the petting zoo and visit the wonderful animals. There will be a range of animals from chickens, turkeys, alpacas, goats, and a pot belly big.
- Paint a Pony.Kids will go wild painting ceramic ponies. Paints, Brushes, and expert assistance will be provided.
General Admission is $10 a day for adults, $7 a day for seniors/military, and children 12 years and under are free. For more information, go to http://www.scottsdaleshow.com/